Respect in Action (Province-wide)
With the increased diversity in the workforce, and greater needs to prioritize teamwork, employee engagement, and ultimately productivity, a culture of respect is needed and legislated more than ever. Many people first learned about respect during their upbringing; as a result, people may have learned different information, people may have practiced what they’ve learned to different degrees, and people may have developed some good and bad habits. The primary learning goal of this program is to calibrate the understanding of respect in the workplace, and to facilitate a learning experience that helps professionals and their organizations accumulate the skills, knowledge, awareness, and resources needed to consistently put respect in action.
By the end of Respect in Action workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define and share the meaning of respect, and identify the impact of respect and disrespect
- Examine the diversity rooted within the thought process, including prejudgments, and practice being open to points of view
- Grasp and accept attitudes as a choice and a responsibility
- Generate and calibrate respectful characteristics and behaviours
- Recognize and summarize disrespectful behaviours and apply positive esteeming steps to increase morale and engagement
- Account for Human Rights Code and WorkSafeBC legislation regarding discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Set-up a respectful communication approach to assessing and addressing disrespect and conflicts
Upcoming Start Dates
One day workshop available for weekday/weekend delivery.
In-house customized training program: $145 + gst per person, with a minimum of 10 team members required. For teams/businesses with less than 10 people please contact Hone for a quote. Volume Unit Rates available for multiple course deliveries scheduled and/or larger groups. (Note: Depending on your location, facilitator travel expenses may be an additional charge.)
Public training program: $295 + gst per person
For more information please click here.
- Price: In-house Customized Training Program (10 participants minimum): $145 + gst per person; Public Training Program: $295 + gst per person
- Location: In-person
- Course Delivery: Workshop
- Schedule: One day workshop available for weekday/weekend delivery.