Making Conflict Productive (Province-wide)
The Making Conflict Productive workshop and/or coaching program, which uses the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI), will help individuals identify their preferred methods of dealing with conflict, understand how others try to resolve conflict, and teach skills to identify more appropriate methods of conflict management and resolution. Participants will learn the five conflict modes of avoiding, accommodating, compromising, competing, and collaborating, and how to evaluate conflict situations and respond appropriately. Learn how to constructively work through conflict, and develop better working relationships, reduce stress, and increase job satisfaction; deal more effectively with disagreements between co-workers and communication breakdowns. This workshop and coaching is for individuals who want to channel workplace conflict appropriately, and improve productivity and teamwork.
By the end of Making Conflict Productive coaching program or workshop, participants will be able to:
- Complete and review the TKI assessment
- Define the five conflict modes of avoiding, accommodating, compromising, competing, and collaborating, and the relationship between assertiveness and cooperativeness
- Recognize both the positive benefits and the behaviours to guard against with each individual’s conflict handling style
- Identify how individuals with a given style can constructively deal with teammates with different styles
- Calibrate skills to assess and respond to conflict
- Work through situation-specific approaches for dealing with conflict effectively
- Explain how to identify a team’s conflict handling style, and how a team can leverage strengths and compensate for any weaknesses in its style
- Create action plans to respond to conflict appropriately to achieve positive outcomes
Upcoming Start Dates
In-house training program: $145 + gst per person, with a minimum of 10 team members required. For teams/businesses with less than 10 people please contact Hone for a quote. (Note: Depending on your location, facilitator travel expenses may be an additional charge.)
Public training program: $295 + gst per person
Coaching program: $125 + gst per hour (We recommend 2 hours minimum, with 12 hours over 3 months being our average coaching engagement.)
For more information please click here.
For more information on the TKI assessment please click here.
- Price: In-house Training Program (10 participants minimum): $145 + gst per person; Public Training Program: $295 + gst per person; Coaching Program: $125 + gst per hour
- Location: Online or In-Person
- Course Delivery: Workshop or Coaching
- Schedule: One day workshop available for weekday/weekend delivery. One-on-one coaching is flexible to meet your personal and work life needs, and typically scheduled in 60 – 90 minute sessions.