Communications & Crisis Management (Abbotsford and Province-wide)
This course has been designed for organizations that are seeking the knowledge and skills associated with designing and implementing high-level communications plans.
From understanding key principles, to crafting and delivering targeted messages, this course will cover a variety of topics including, though not limited to:
- Goals of communications
- Traditional and contemporary theories of communications
- Influencing public opinion
- Fundamentals of writing / writing for the ‘eye’ vs. the ‘ear’
- Essentials of news releases / creating a media kit
- Issues management / planning for crisis
- Authoring your unique communications plans
Leaving this course, participants will have a strong foundation on the key elements of communications, both with respect to day-to-day communications, and addressing communications issues in the midst of crisis / controversy.
Upcoming Start Dates:
- April 7th – Classroom
- June 9th – Online
- October 6th – Classroom
Upon enrolment, registrants will be asked to view an introductory video that will be emailed to them. This video will outline the various elements of the training to ensure participants have the necessary time to prepare for their course(s), and seek any clarification they may require. This video will serve as the introductory class for all programs and must be viewed prior to March 31st, 2015.
- Price: $4,000 + gst
- Location: Abbotsford or Online Option
- Course Delivery: Seminars (with a webinar option)
- Schedule: 8 half days; once per week; Thursdays 8:30am-12:30pm