“Turnaround” marketing and sales coaching for small businesses in difficulty - 1-on-1 (Province-Wide)
Each program is customized to meet specific, individual needs. However, we almost always include seven proven ways to increase sales quickly and significantly. The program also deals with strategies to fulfil new orders when cash, staffing and other resources are in short supply. This is action-oriented coaching. During each session, clients develop personalized and time-lined action plans. Each subsequent session deals with follow-through on previous action steps – as well as generating new ideas and plans. A high level of commitment to take action – along with a willingness to change approaches – is essential for success with this program.
The program begins with an intensive “needs assessment” interview, then typically includes the following seven key elements:
Introduction: Three keys to surviving and thriving in a soft economy:
• Understand that there is “always” a market (particularly true if you’re flexible).
• Ignore The Big Economy and “create your own economy” (the economy of your own successful business).
• Swing into action and take market share from competitors who are sitting and waiting for the phone to ring.
1. Differentiate and brand yourself. Become crystal clear on how you are (or could be) clearly differentiated from competitors (by coming up with something exclusive that is of great value to your customers and prospects).
2. Start an “organic” marketing program (building business naturally, working with and through your present and past customers, vendors, and others in your business and personal networks).
3. Start a daily “Business Development Networking” program. This program increases sales immediately – at no cost – and “doesn’t” involve old fashioned cold calling/prospecting.
4. Start an “education-based” marketing program that positions you as “the” local expert in your field – and gets customers coming to you! (This program can include blogging, tip of the week newsletters, sharing how-to’s via social media, etc).
5. Start an “event-based” marketing program (with open houses etc) that gets customers coming to you (and use the invitation to your event to connect with ideal prospects – without making sales calls).
6. Start a “guerrilla marketing” program – using creative, inexpensive and fast-acting ideas to boost traffic and sales immediately.
7. Learn how to systematically turn more quotes into sales. This process is both a sales booster and a morale booster – as you waste less time producing quotes and proposals that don’t become sales (and often are used by prospects to try to get a better deal elsewhere).
Duration: 6 one-hour sessions
Available Start Dates: Flexible
Six hours of individual coaching, supported by extensive self-study coaching materials, all written and produced by Neil Godin. Included at no additional charge, these materials include:
- “How to Start Your Economic Recovery – Right Now!” (eBook)
- “Three ways to drum up business in a soft economy.”(Audio TeleClass)
- “Organic Marketing.”(Audio TeleClass)
- “Selling in the (Comfort) Zone.” This is an e-version of Neil’s comprehensive book on sales and marketing for business owners. (Hard copies available at Amazon and other outlets.)
- “How to start and run a ‘lead machine.’”(Audio TeleClass). A lead machine is a group of people who offer different products and services, but cater to the same customers – and can systematically introduce each other to these fully qualified prospects.
- “Introducing: ‘Introduction Marketing.’”(Audio TeleClass). Why referrals are not enough – and how to ask for and act on introductions to new prospective customers.
- “By Invitation Only.” (Audio TeleClass). Why and how to hold events such as open houses as a way to attract new customers and keep present customers engaged and enthusiastic.
- Neil’s Audio Self Study Course titled, “Take Control.” This is a 4.5 hour audio program that shows you how to plan and manage each step in the sales cycle – so you can avoid losing prospective customers who get you to do a lot of work, then stop returning your calls. It’s not about controlling or manipulating prospects, it’s about anticipating and preventing trust-eroding actions (such as making unscheduled “follow-up calls”) that break down credibility and trust, and put prospects off.
- Daily Business Development Networking. (Audio TeleClass). Why and how to connect with sources of referrals and introductions to prospective new customers – on a daily basis.
- How to build an online marketing program (including social media) that actually produces sales! (eBook).
- Access to our private, clients-only online coaching and sharing forum.
- Price: $1,000.00 (four hours at $250 hour)
- Location: Province-wide
- Course Delivery: Phone (and live, where applicable)